cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

My Syslog I keep receiving an error from my NetAtlas stating: bootpd: stat on "bootptab"

My Syslog I keep receiving an error from my NetAtlas stating: bootpd: stat on "bootptab"

Fritz_Trappey
New Contributor
In my Syslog I keep receiving an error from my NetAtlas stating: bootpd: stat on "bootptab". No such file or directory I'm not sure what this and can't seem to find anything in the settings reflecting something even close to it, so I'm either looking this up in the wrong location or it's nothing to worrry about. I'm getting an error every few minutes. Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

Annelise
New Contributor
Chris,
Is there any procedure to disable the bootpd process NetSight server? We currently use Win Server 2008. I await contact. Thanks for the explanations.

Ryan Careno and Chris,
Thank you! Problem solved successfully.
Annelise

Hello Annelise,

Alternately, you can manually disable the service as follows:
1) Click on the Start Menu and select Run.
2) Type in "services.msc" and click OK.
3) Navigate down to the windows service "Netsight BootP Service", right click the service and click the "properties" option.
4) Click the "stop" button at the bottom of the window, and also change the "Startup Type" dropdown to disabled, then click OK.

Ryan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Annelise,

The official response to this thread should cover everything you need. If you have additional questions not answered in the official response please feel free to start a new thread as needed.

Chris
GTM-P2G8KFN