cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetSight 7.0.5.12 slugging and failing to display links.

NetSight 7.0.5.12 slugging and failing to display links.

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
The customer loaded the OVA a couple weeks back and I then added the devices and configured alarms, backups, and such. I thought NetSight was running a little slow but wrote it off as being related to my VPN connection.

Today it seems even slower and I have been getting an error.

How do I check the resources that are available to NetSight?
Is there anything that needs to be done through NetSight to increase its resources? Or would this strictly be a VMware change that needed to be made?

db1b90f97e5d45fe9bc367c63f6f3197_RackMultipart20160922-78269-7vl5cv-Capture_inline.jpg

I am scheduled to train the customer on the product next Wednesday and would like to sort this out before then if possible.

Thanks,
9 REPLIES 9

Rich_Upshaw
New Contributor II
Frank, thank you. Can I ask, What is a "Large" database? (as described by the KB article) We're managing about 150 devices with EMC.

Frank_Thomas
Extreme Employee
I assume the VM is Linux ova? Depending on amount of things the server is doing 8 definitely might not be enough.
ssh into the box and run cat /proc/meminfo

Shutdown the Server, take a snapshot and from Vsphere/whatever virtual host, increase the memory, and start the vm back up. Afterwards you should be able the increase in the VM.

You also might need to increase the Heap memory for the Netsight Server.
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/netsight/7.0/9034981-01_EMC_7.0_InstallationGuide.pdf

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Netsight-Console-How-to-allocate-more-memo...

Glad you're all set!

Went out to do some training yesterday.
Their server guy said the OVA took a terabyte and wanted 12g ram but they only had 4 available.

Then the end of last week they installed more ram and it said it increased NetSight to 6g or 8g I dont remember which but it is running fine.

So the issue was memory and all is good now.

I wish they were all this easy.
GTM-P2G8KFN