cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

NetSight 7.0.5.12 slugging and failing to display links.

NetSight 7.0.5.12 slugging and failing to display links.

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
The customer loaded the OVA a couple weeks back and I then added the devices and configured alarms, backups, and such. I thought NetSight was running a little slow but wrote it off as being related to my VPN connection.

Today it seems even slower and I have been getting an error.

How do I check the resources that are available to NetSight?
Is there anything that needs to be done through NetSight to increase its resources? Or would this strictly be a VMware change that needed to be made?

db1b90f97e5d45fe9bc367c63f6f3197_RackMultipart20160922-78269-7vl5cv-Capture_inline.jpg

I am scheduled to train the customer on the product next Wednesday and would like to sort this out before then if possible.

Thanks,
9 REPLIES 9

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi David, how are things looking?

Frank,

"cat /proc/meminfo" and " run cat /proc/meminfo" both failed. The server is running better today though which takes me wondering if the issues I was seeing had more to do with my VPN connection to their network than the server itself.

I will monitor it a few more days and report back on how the server does going forward.

Thanks,

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I was not involved with spinning up the OVA, I have very little experience with servers.

I suspect you are correct about the memory. Is this something the districts server guy should be able to easily change?

Thanks,

Easy? Yes. Usually though, the server guys don't have a lot of memory to spare. ļ™‚

Rich_Upshaw
New Contributor II
How much memory did you allocate to the VM? We started with 8gb but realized it would do better on 16gb and we were correct. Could be as simple as that.
GTM-P2G8KFN