cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetSight Suite trial version

NetSight Suite trial version

Laura
New Contributor III
I downloaded and installed the Extreme Management Center Suite 8.1.1.41 to try out, but I am having problems opening it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I get an error when I click on 'Extreme Management Center', and when I click on the 'Administration' tab.

6f904a7904b543a1ae04de2725fff14e_RackMultipart20180209-108161-ao57t9-error-netsight-1_inline.png

6f904a7904b543a1ae04de2725fff14e_RackMultipart20180209-120889-l0vehf-error-netsight-2_inline.png

11 REPLIES 11

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Yes, the management center will poll the controllers directly. You will need to create cli and snmp profiles within netsight administration>profiles, and a matching snmp profile on the controller under controller>network>snmp

then you can discover the controller in netsight via network>devices>dropdown menu>device>add

once discovery is successful, you can see pertinent wireless info under the wireless tab within netsight

Laura
New Contributor III
Will this Extreme Mgt center work on my wireless APs, even though I don't have Extreme Switches and routers? All i have is a C5210 controller with the Enterasys APs. Would GTAC help me set this up?

Ryan_Turner
New Contributor
Doh. I was ignoring the cert warning. I was wondering why Laura was in the 'Legacy' part. I don't think those tabs show up within Oneview.

True, when you go to serverip:8080/Clients/index.jsp you should get something like

a4aa60e362d7493ba20056490ebdaa76_RackMultipart20180209-23588-1e25i2u-netsight_inline.png

Then click on Extreme Management center for all the goodies

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
You are getting that message because the SSL certificate that ships with the product is invalid. If you are just trying things out, there is no sense in messing around with certs. The easiest thing to do is click the Advanced link on that error page, and then there should be an option to trust the certificate.

You can also export the certificate, and then import it into your Trusted Enterprise Root Certificate store. But again easiest thing to do here is say "I know the cert is bogus - and I am okay with that". 🙂
GTM-P2G8KFN