cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Sending flow data from a switch direct to ExtremeAnalytics (without a flowcollector engine)

Sending flow data from a switch direct to ExtremeAnalytics (without a flowcollector engine)

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Hello everybody

I would like to configure the Extreme Switches (x440-G2, with version 22.4) to sending sflow/netflow data direct to the Extreme Analytics. I heard this is now possible without having a flowcollector enginge like PV FC-180 installed. Is this true? Because I couldn't find any referenced documentation to this. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best regards, Yves
41 REPLIES 41

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

FYI it was an ultimate example why one should not perform full-blown config for X440-G2s in a stack that exceeds best practice size. The stack that made issues was 7-slot, others were 2-4 slots only. Because of that most likely, the master's CPU was heavily loaded, reaching 100% quite often. Probably that's why we've seen many logs about mirroring instances, and also ports started to flap (at least those with APs connected). Huge mess. šŸ˜‰
Disabling telemetry left the switch free of high CPU utilization and AP link outages, next step is to simply split the stack.

Hope that helps,
Tomasz

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Did you tried this command: configure access-list vlan-acl-precedence shared
--> and reboot.

Jason_Miceli
New Contributor
Has this been fixed? I just tried to add my x440G2 into Analytics into a lab environment where I'm also running control doing some basic mac-based authentication at the port...and I get the same error when I try and add the 440 to the analytics engine:

2018-11-21 11:32:37,434 ERROR [com.enterasys.netsight.appid.server.webapps.monitor.AppIdDwr] javax.script.ScriptException:
*** Script Error ***
Die command issued: Script failed : * X440G2-12p-10G4.17 # configure access-list telemetry.pol any ingress

Error: ACL install operation failed - filter hardware full for vlan *, port *
* X440G2-12p-10G4.18 #

Anonymous
Not applicable
For what its worth I tried added these commands to minimize use of the ACL slices:

configure access-list vlan-acl-precedence shared
configure access-list rule-compression port-counters shared

But made no difference?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Just to let you know I'm running into this same problem using firmware version:

EMC = 8.1.3.65

Error is:

An error has occurred while adding a flow source to the selected engine. See details below for more information.

javax.script.ScriptException: *** Script Error *** Die command issued: Script failed : * POC.17 # configure access-list telemetry.pol any ingress . Error: ACL install operation failed - filter hardware full for vlan *, port * * POC.18 # -> if {! $OverallResult}

Am also running policy on this X440G2 switch, so setting the double width I get the following message:

* POC.1 # configure access-list width double
WARNING: Configuration of double width access-list is not supported when Policy is enabled. Slots will remain in Single width mode.

If I disable policy I can then run the access-list width double command, but when I re-enable policy I then get the following error:

* POC.4 # enable policy
Warning: Enabling Policy will cause some Netlogin settings (such as VLANs and dynamically created VLANs) to be cleared.
ERROR: Hardware resources could not be reserved for Policy (count 0).
Note that Policy cannot be enabled when double width access-list is configured or operational.

Previously upgraded from version 22.4.1.4-patch1-2

Post mentions this being fixed in version 22.5, so not sure what I am doing wrong or how to fix / get this working?

Seen this command that could be used to adjust ACL usage, but not sure exactly the syntax to use that would help:

configure policy resource-profile default profile-modifier [no-mac|no-ipv4|no-ipv6] enable

I've tried removing no-ipv6, but no difference?

Many thanks.
GTM-P2G8KFN