Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web filtering in Vx9000

Web filtering in Vx9000

Prajithvp
New Contributor
Hi ,
I have VX9000 , 30 remote locations working under this controller . Each locations have 4 to 30 APs working .These locations are hospitals . So i configured username for doctors,nurses & others . Then went to wireless client roles , Then created Application policy . but after the save these blocked websites are not be blocked . How can do this perfectly . I hope you hear soon .

1. How can do web filtering under these users (Doctors , nurses etc ) .
  2. I want to block facebook & youtube for nurses . also some websites too .
5 REPLIES 5

Prajithvp
New Contributor
Hi , i am using AP7632i , All the aps adopted by VX9000 . all the remote locations are working perfectly under Controller . Now remanining these web filtering . DHCP is working in all locations , Just connected to internet router only . Assigned in auto provision policy as different IP range . Ex:192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1,192.168.3.1 etc ..

Sukhdeep_Singh_
Extreme Employee
Should've asked first - which APs are you using ? For 80211ac APs, the feature is natively support on the APs. And can be used with locally bridged traffic.

Secondly, you need to check if the user roles are appropriately being assigned. You can check that in the client statistics.

Sukhdeep_Singh_
Extreme Employee
Ignore the roles first. Follow the 3 steps I mentioned It should disable the applications for the entire WLAN.
That will also help you isolate whether the problem is with the role assignment or the AVC feature.

Prajithvp
New Contributor
Hi ,

Thank you for your reply . i did as per you said . I assigned role for wireless clients too . But not be done .
Now created doctor , nurse , others users with different password .

Can you tell how can do the setup in application policy . Step by step . I tried so many times now but its not blocked .

i hope you hear you soon ....
GTM-P2G8KFN