cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is missing from this script?

What is missing from this script?

joshross28
New Contributor II

This is a very simple script but I'm wondering if someone can help me continue on with the script once my IOS files are transferred via TFTP (Cisco 385048P)The file is quite large and takes quite a bit of time to transfer hence the 2.5 hour receive. I'd like the script to continue once the file is transferred. I'm guessing there's something wrong with my "bytes copied" match. I looked through Voss/Boss scripts and it looks like the RECEIVEUNTIL command is run often to step through the script.

-----BEGIN SCRIPT "Firmware Download"-----
copy tftp: flash:
%TFTP_IP%
%RELATIVE_TARGET_FILE_PATH%
%TARGET_FILE_NAME%
@RECEIVEUNTIL 9000 "bytes copied"

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

Considering the rather horrendous TFTP transfer rate can this device make use of TCP-based alternatives like SCP or SFTP? XMC/XIQ-SE's TFTP daemon software does not support TFTP blocksize files are transferred as 512-byte UDP fragments which over a latent connection can severely / negatively impact file transfer performance.

If you haven't already perused our public GitHub repository of scripts please do so @ https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/tree/master/XMC_XIQ-SE/cfg_backup_scripts.

Take note of "Cisco-Router-TFTP.txt" as an example.

The @RECEIVEUNTIL 9000 "bytes copied" probably needs more regex like @RECEIVEUNTIL 9000 ".*bytes copied.*" depending on what the actual full line of text returned in when the file transfer is complete.

GTM-P2G8KFN