cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Where can i find a documentation how to migrate from ridgeline to netsight?

Where can i find a documentation how to migrate from ridgeline to netsight?

holden
New Contributor
I want to migrate the data from ridgeline to netsight and searching for the documentation. Wher can i find it?
9 REPLIES 9

holden
New Contributor
Hi im using Ridgeline 3.1 and in the backup folder is not created a *.sql file.
I can found there:
basecamp.db,basecamp.log,epicenter.db,epicenter.log

How can i get the SQL file?

Thanks

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
Holger,

Once the Ridgeline 4.0 backup is complete, it will be placed in 'x:\Program Files\Extreme Networks\Ridgeline 4.0\database\bin'. A folder will created as specified by the backup name and additionally a sub-folder will be created with the time and date stamp. The file within the sub-folder will be named identically but with an .sql extension. An example is as follows:

To Backup:
C:\Program Files\Extreme Networks\Ridgeline 4.0\database\bin>DBBackupTool.exe backup test4
17:07:05,365 INFO [main][DBUtilityLauncher] Absolute path C:\Program Files\Extreme Networks\Ridgeline 4.0\database\bin\test4\30_04_2014_17_07_05_backup\30_04_2
014_17_07_05_initial.sql
17:07:07,003 INFO [main][DBUtilityLauncher] Successfully created backup in: test4\30_04_2014_17_07_05_backup

Backup File Location:
C:\Program Files\Extreme Networks\Ridgeline 4.0\database\bin\test4\30_04_2014_17_07_05_backup\30_04_2014_17_07_05_backup.sql

The sql file can then be used in the migration to NetSight.

holden
New Contributor
Thanks. i had also found this statement that it is possible to export a databse with ridgeline.

The backup utility in Ridgeline makes a backup copy of all data in the database.

Database utilities are found in the database\bin directory in the folder in which you

installed the Ridgeline software. For example, if you installed Ridgeline in the

C:\Program Files\Ridgeline, the database utilities are saved in the C:\Program

Files\Ridgeline\database\bin folder.

But i need to know how to do this and where to find the backup.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Hi Holger

Here is an initial link to study this.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-migrate-Ridgeline-to-Netsight

There is also a document in the help itself once you have netsight installed to facilatate the data transfer.

Click on help in web start screen, then search all topics unfiltered and enter ridgeline like below picture.

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Holger,

NetSight 6.3 has added functionality that lets you directly import devices from a Ridgeline DB backup.
"You can also export a database backup file from Ridgeline that you can import into NetSight Console."

This is explained in the Console documentation that you can find in the Extranet (Console User Guide)

GTM-P2G8KFN