cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC 8.4.1.24 - How to Display Port Extenders in Extreme Management Center?

XMC 8.4.1.24 - How to Display Port Extenders in Extreme Management Center?

mfluechter
New Contributor

Following the release notes of the new version:

Ability to Display Port Extenders in Extreme Management Center
You can now indicate which ports are included in a port extender and which ports
are included in a controlling bridge. In releases prior to Extreme Management Center
version 8.4, all ports that were included in an extended bridge displayed as a part of
the device. Beginning in Extreme Management Center version 8.4, you can define
the ports that are part of the controlling bridge and those that belong to the port
extenders that are connected to that controlling bridge. Additionally, you can add
your port extenders to maps you create to display the relationships between a
controlling bridge and the port extenders to which it is connected.

It should be possible to have a little bit of separation of these units. But how can I define the ports if they belong to the CB or to the BPE? When I try to change it in the configuration menu of the switch (CB) the field is not accesssible and with grey background. Is it necessary to delete the device first and discover it again? How can I add them to maps?

Another thing to address: I have several BPE between two XOS devices which are linked with an mlag peer (extended ring architecture). Due to this construction every VPEX-Port is listed twice in XMC. Under XOS device 1 and 2. So when I want to change a policy for a port I have to do it twice… Is this behavior wanted or necessary?

1 REPLY 1

mfluechter
New Contributor

Update: Deleting and new Discovery of the devices didn’t work. The BPE-Ports are Grouped into slot-numbers but I cannot add the BPEs on a map.

GTM-P2G8KFN