Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC python modules used in example scripts

XMC python modules used in example scripts

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello,

often in the XMC example scripts functions from the module "xmclib" or "device" are used.
Is there a documentation what functions are included, what parameters can be send and what returnvalues can be used?

If there is no documentation, is there a way to access the source code to find out what the functions can do?

It would be helpfule to use the existing code and not do reinvent the access to functions like "logger"

Here an example from XMC:

#@MetaDataEnd
from xmclib import emc_vars
from xmclib import logger
from xmclib import cli
from device import api

Best regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan
22 REPLIES 22

dmertz
New Contributor

*crickets*

FYI: I have reached out to Mgmt, which lead to an Extreme-internal request to check if some sort of releasable documentation is available and can be provided.

tbmc2
New Contributor

Has there been any news on documentation. The mysterious xmcbase import is troublesome. Perhaps someone might be able to elaborate on what the contents of the library is and why it seems to be hidden?

Hi everybody,

i get in the queue fo people welcoming some more documentation on imports and how to properly re-use them for example. In the meanwhile to improve my ability i am importing and reverse engineering the amount of workflows written by Zdenek Pala. You all can do it if you wish

https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/tree/master/Netsight/oneview_workflows

Thank you

Also looking for

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN