Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

ZTP+ good feature but unusable in real

ZTP+ good feature but unusable in real

PeterK
Contributor III
I'm currently running XMC / Netsight 8.1.2.59 or newer and like to use ZTP+
I like this feature, because I only need to connect switches to the network and they got at least a firmware update to the lastest version I want to use.
But it's unusable with the XOS Version on X440G2 shipped from Extreme.
If ZTP+ isn't able to update cloud connector to lastest version (which is on XMC Server) und than starting again, this feature is unusable.
On X450G2 Switches it is working...
18 REPLIES 18

yes I used alway tftp... but in my eyes... the protocol is unimportant, because it's the same directory... uploading with different protocols takes no effect... you see files (images) only one time

Teodor_Fuica
New Contributor II
Hello all,

i can confirm what Peter was saying in this matter. The same happened to me with new shiny x460-G2 series.

The EXOS from factory was 21.1.3b7 and i've also added the latest cloud connector (summitX-cloud_connector-3.0.34.54.xmod) on the XMC (version 8.1.3.65).

I've got the same message "connector to old, please update"...

Regards,

Teodor

PeterK
Contributor III
I have cloud connector 3.0.34.54 on XMC Server. I've added older cloud connectors too, maybe for stepwise upgrading --> no help...In Discovery tab I see message "connector to old, please update"I tried to update the cloud connector manually, but after that ZTP+ only does a bit of configuration and don't update XOS to 22.5 (which is on server)...With X450G2 it is working...X460G2 I will test next week...

PeterK
Contributor III
do not help... testet yesterday...

If you plan to use 22.5, upgrade XMC to 8.1.3 minimum.
GTM-P2G8KFN