cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

IQVA has a new release: 21.1.20.24 is here!

You can view the release notes here: : https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/virtual-appliance-release-no...

Download files can be found on the ExtremeCloud Products page:

11 Comments
juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

I´ve seen this today and directly started to download the upgrade for our OnPrem IQVA.

Hope this upgrade and the new firmware for the AP250 and AP305C will solve some Wifi issues in our branches.

jan_ruske
New Contributor

… and where you find the upgrade version? Actually I only see the ova.

jan_ruske
New Contributor

The release notes refers to old aerohive pages!?

SamPirok
Community Manager

@jan.ruske, you can find both the .tar and .ova files here: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrProductDetail?id=01t2T000004typSQAQ

The release notes were added to the same page as the other release notes for IQVA versions. We are working to integrate those pages in to Extreme but it will take some time so for now we are still using the same page as always for IQVA release notes. 

ian_blackwood
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Like “jan.ruske” I can only see the OVA file (4.4GB) in the list of downloads for this version.

I don’t see a tar.signed version for doing an upgrade.

Where would I find that ?

The release notes whilst appearing to be for the previous version do contain the later info.

Cheers

Ian

ian_blackwood
New Contributor

Hmm, looking through the fixes I was expecting to see “Guest manager webAdmin logins receive permissions error” in the resolved list. This was an error re-introduced from an earlier build where the Guest manager who doesn’t have permissions to the full dashboard gets an error at login but in this iteration they are at least redirected correctly the Users page (where they do have permissions).

This is a cosmetic error but EVERY non-technical Guest Manager believes something is wrong and stops at that point leaving all Guest creation to IT, making Guest Managers useless as a concept.

Was told this was resolved in Cloud version and would be resolved in next IQVA release, but I can’t see it in fixes or in known issues.

Can anyone confirm a Guest Manager only does NOT receive any errors/warnings at login to the IQVA web interface at login with this updated version ?

This question will be asked prior to upgrade as it is a pain point at present.

Cheers

Ian

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience while I looked in to this, the reason we can’t see an update file any more is that it was pulled due to some significant issues discovered after it was released. As soon as we have those issues resolved, the update file will be posted back on the same page where we see the .ova file now. 

joakim_bergquis
New Contributor

This version has been recalled i hope? 
It is full of bugs as all your latest releases has been. It is now unmanageble and we are getting really tired of having GUI’s being designed by a 3 year old. 

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update, the fix list and list of new features ist quite extensive!
However; I too am left wondering when the update file for existing installations will be back up again - do you have any ETA on this?

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know I’m looking for an ETA but I haven’t found one yet. I’m still waiting to hear back from a couple folks, I’ll update this post as soon as I know more. 

GTM-P2G8KFN