cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.7.2.0 update causing AP's to lose CAPWAP connection

10.7.2.0 update causing AP's to lose CAPWAP connection

MSFErik
New Contributor

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Prior to updating our AP's to 10.7.2.0 we saw very little loss with our access points but since updating we've received many more email notifications of various AP's losing CAPWAP connection.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to these emails, we've tested the cabling, all seems fine and I don't see any rx or tx errors on the ports. Uptime of the various AP's seem to be up far beyond the email notification so I'm at a bit of a loss.

5 REPLIES 5

RiseUpITGuy
New Contributor

I'm dealing with this as well. I'm glad to know that it's not just us. 

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III

We had to roll back to 10.6r7 on two installations due to PPSK issues in cloud mode after upgrading. Apparently there was some communication issue when the RADSEC proxy was trying to connect to the cloud. Since it was causing a lot of impact, we didn't have the opportunity to evaluate the communication layer. I suspect that several changes to the communication layer were made between 10.6.x and 10.7.x due to these problem reports. Since we didn't have access to 10.7r1, it seems that something wasn't resolved properly.

Same here, we had to rollback to 10.6.7 as well due to PPSK issues after the upgrade to 10.7.2.

JonasD
Contributor

We see this behaviour with some Firewalls. For example Sonicwall.

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000058924

GTM-P2G8KFN