cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A stale record of the device was found in the redirector Error when adding second Hand AP

A stale record of the device was found in the redirector Error when adding second Hand AP

StruppNX
New Contributor

Dear Extreme Support Team,  

I'm getting the "A stale record of the device was found in the redirector" message when trying to add a second hand AP1130 (Serial 11301803231714) that I'd like to play with in my Home Lab... 

Could you please unlock it for me? Thanks!

By the way: I think the extreme Networks Mail Servers might for some reason be blocked on Apple iCloud!

I had to create a new email on another service to sign up for this community (had forgotten my old password), as neither the password reset nor the email verification from extreme would reach any of my iCloud Mail accounts...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for the mention here. That device should be free to add to your inventory at this time.

Could you also please let me know what email address you were using originally in the community so I can investigate the issues you mentioned about not being able to reset your community password? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for the mention here. That device should be free to add to your inventory at this time.

Could you also please let me know what email address you were using originally in the community so I can investigate the issues you mentioned about not being able to reset your community password? 

I have the same problem can you open these serial numbers I bought this access point from the same owner

Hey Sam, 

thanks for your support on this, I was now able to add the AP to my Account!

My private mail adresses are stephan.rupp@me.com (Apple iCloud) & stephan.rupp@gmx.de (which is just forwarded to the first one) - I tried these first, but would not get any email from the portal (I'm sure that my previous account was setup with one of those, haven't used it in a while and forgot the password). Password reset didn't work as I didn't get the Mails. Then I tried to setup a new account using these addresses as well as a bunch of others hosted at Ionos (regional hoster in germany) that all foreward to the @me.com address. The portal mails didn't reach me via any of these... Lastly I setup a new address on Ionos and used the webmail login, where the portal email address confirmation mail showed up immediately. 
So it seems like the Apple iCloud Servers just reject the extreme portal mails - the strange thing is that usually when iCloud rejects mail (happens quite a lot...) the sender (In my case the forwarded ionos accounts) gets a notification (which is then in my case forwarded again to the @me.com address) - so I at least know that I missed something. Not in this case...

Regards & Thanks again for your Help, 

Stephan   

GTM-P2G8KFN