cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 630 is offline. Troubleshooting suggestions?

AP 630 is offline. Troubleshooting suggestions?

lsommerer
New Contributor III

I have already tried changing them from Managed to Unmanaged and back to Managed (this actually brought 2 of my 4 troublesome APs back online). I also tried deleting them from ExtremeCloud IQ and adding them again. This didn’t help. I’m looking for other things to try.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have a console cable (RJ45-USB)? You can plug directly in to the AP to reach the CLI if you need to. Or you might be able to find the current IP address in your DHCP server. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SamPirok
Community Manager

Do you have a console cable (RJ45-USB)? You can plug directly in to the AP to reach the CLI if you need to. Or you might be able to find the current IP address in your DHCP server. 

lsommerer
New Contributor III

Thanks for the guide. After looking over the guide, I think I might be a little worse off than I thought. I can not ping the APs at the IP addresses that they should have via DHCP. I don’t actually know how to find what (if any) IP address they might currently have, so I can’t SSH into them to try the things recommended in the guide. 

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hello, this guide has suggestions on how to troubleshoot an AP that won’t connect, as well as some steps you can take via the CLI of the AP to manually connect it to ExtremeCloud IQ: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057794&q=capwap%20troubleshooting

GTM-P2G8KFN