cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP150W 5Ghz wifi1 max at 8dBm

AP150W 5Ghz wifi1 max at 8dBm

jason_hills
New Contributor III

I have some AP150Ws and all have their wifi1 radio maxed at 8dBm when they should be using the max power from the radio profile of 16dBm. 
the APs are set to Auto power and channel. Not using SDR mode. 
currently using ch36 20Mhz wide. 
when I changed to ch52 the power was restricted to 10dBm when I had 17dBm set manually. 
One AP150W is powered by the AC adapter the other AP150W is powered by Poe+ rated power. Both have the same low 8dBm power output on wifi0. 
the show system power mode does not respond in this model to confirm but it is not likely to be power related. 
the wifi0 interface is 2.4GHz and outputting 12dBm correctly. 
Is this low power level of 8dBm normal for this model? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, thanks for your patience. I ran this past a few XIQ techs but we’re all stumped here. Would you be able to open a support case for this issue? 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jason_hills
New Contributor III

Ok will do. 
there must have been an update as it never use to occur. 

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Jason, thanks for your patience. I ran this past a few XIQ techs but we’re all stumped here. Would you be able to open a support case for this issue? 

jason_hills
New Contributor III

Hi @Sam Pirok it is occurring on the latest firmware 10.3r3 and any previous version for the APs listed above. 

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Jason, thanks for your patience. We’re still looking in to this but I wanted to know if you could tell us the firmware versions on the APs you’ve been testing with? 

GTM-P2G8KFN