cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP250 - Orange LED, I can console, assign an IP but no L2 link (switch LED is off)

AP250 - Orange LED, I can console, assign an IP but no L2 link (switch LED is off)

jrfigue
New Contributor

I recently purchased 5 AP250 and three of them onboarded without issues. Two of them are stuck with an Orange LED. One is running 8.2r3 and the other one 10.0.r9b. When I console into them I see them boot. I can log into the console, but not getting a DHCP address, switch LEDs are off for both APs with this issue (tried both Aerohive and Cisco switches). I’ve reset both (pressing button and by “reset config (bootstrap)” cli commands and no change.

I assigned a static IP (int mgt0 x.x.x.x/24) and if I try to ping the gateway or another IP host on the network (which I know is there) it says “Network is unreachable” if I type show int mgt0 it says “ERROR: failed to send message to dcd (attempt to send 12 bytes, actually sent -1 (err = 111 - Connection refused)

It’ll successfully ping its own IP address and 127.x.x.x but nothing in its own subnet including the gateway.

Should I attempt flashing them with an image via USB? Where can I get the latest image? (10.0.r9b)

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you try switching the port the AP is connected to with one of the working APs? It’s sounding like the AP isn’t able to reach your network, which could be a VLAN issue, a tagging issue, or a DHCP issue, all of which we can start testing by using a known good switch port.

Additionally this guide has a lot of good steps to take when trying to get an AP to connect: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000046466&q=CAPWAP%20troubleshooting

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

jrfigue
New Contributor

Thanks for the info @Sam Pirok

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the long wait here guys, thanks for your patience. It looks like you can pay for a one time case, but that can get a bit pricey just so you know. I don’t have access to exact prices, it’s based on a few different factors so you would have to talk to our technical support team for specifics. You can also request a return to factory RMA for the AP without a support contract, and that request would come in the form of another support case. I’m sorry we couldn’t get this AP up and working right now, but hopefully one of these two options will work out for you. Please let me know if I can clarify anything. 

jrfigue
New Contributor

@reinhardg, thanks for your reply. There’s no network connectivity after booting the OS, the TFTP flash referred to here is done by interrupting the boot process. If you’re familiar with Cisco’s ROM monitor (rommon) mode in Cisco devices, bootstrap environment to handle low-level operations on the device, like TFTP flashing. I believe that’s what can be done with the bootloader password.

reinhardg
Contributor II

I don’t believe that TFTP would work since the APs have no network connectivity. Obviously they have to be replaced. @Sam Pirok: Could you please explain how this can be initiated when one has no support contract?

GTM-P2G8KFN