Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP305 Clients

AP305 Clients

Paul_Murphy
New Contributor

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone has had a situation where at random times of the day all clients connected will just drop connection to the AP's, rebooting the devices or the AP's will make no difference and after a while all devices just start working again. We have other users in other areas of the building that still able to work as long as they are not connected to the AP305C AP's. After a while the devices just start working again and apart from client disconnects there is nothing in the Event log?

I have noticed that all the devices where coming up saying there license was expiring so could it be that the license issues could cause a temporary block?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

When your license expires, your devices will keep working and passing traffic as normal, you just won't be able to make any changes to them in XIQ until a new license is applied. So it's definitely not a licensing issue here. I'd start by running a packet capture to see where the traffic is failing during one of the times the AP305s aren't passing any traffic, that will give us a place to start troubleshooting. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

When your license expires, your devices will keep working and passing traffic as normal, you just won't be able to make any changes to them in XIQ until a new license is applied. So it's definitely not a licensing issue here. I'd start by running a packet capture to see where the traffic is failing during one of the times the AP305s aren't passing any traffic, that will give us a place to start troubleshooting. 

GTM-P2G8KFN