Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP650 frozen on "Certification Updating"

AP650 frozen on "Certification Updating"

mmandeville
New Contributor

Hey there,

I saw this question posed for older access points but nothing for the AP650. Last summer I removed older AP250s from one half of our building and replaced them with AP650s. This went smoothly, which each removed AP being replaced by a new one without issue.

This summer I’ve moved to another wing, with everything wired similarly to the first, but am having trouble getting the APs to take their configuration. More often than not they’re getting stuck on “Certification Updating” 15 or 23%. After a while they time out.

This has happened after removing the old AP, onboarding the new, and configuring it in ExtremeCloud IQ. I apply the Delta update and it freezes as I mentioned above. They’re all on OS version 10.0.2.0 (10.0r2), which I wanted to keep consistent until I had them all installed. The problem has happened with two APs so far, with one eventually getting its configuration and working properly. The other refuses to behave.

Before I put up anymore I figured I would see if anyone had any advice and or feedback. Thanks!

-mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mike, if the Delta update freezes like that, it likely means the AP needs a Complete configuration update instead. Delta updates are for smaller changes, but larger changes and especially the first configuration update the AP gets after it connects to XIQ, need to be applied with a Complete update. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mike, if the Delta update freezes like that, it likely means the AP needs a Complete configuration update instead. Delta updates are for smaller changes, but larger changes and especially the first configuration update the AP gets after it connects to XIQ, need to be applied with a Complete update. 

GTM-P2G8KFN