cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs with sudden client spike, even though clients were pressent the while time.

APs with sudden client spike, even though clients were pressent the while time.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Looking for ideas or advice on what possibly could have caused this situation.

I have several outdoor APs in a location (ap1130 running 10.0.9.2) which all morning had way too few client connections. This is a location where typical client count is 50-100 per AP at any given time). All but one of the APs had a drastic spike in client numbers around 9/930 am even though these clients were present all morning and not connecting for some reason.

One AP still was showing no clients, and after a reboot, started taking client connections (is currently up to 25 clients). Not sure if this device issue is related or separate but I was at least able to pull tech data from this outlier before and after the reboot. @samantha.lynn any chance you could take a look? I’ve never seen any situations like this before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, I’d be happy to take a look at the tech data, please feel free to send that over to community@extremenetworks.com. 

Also, the tag you used is an old one, I don’t get notifications for that tag any longer. You’d have better luck with @Sam Pirok 😃 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, I’d be happy to take a look at the tech data, please feel free to send that over to community@extremenetworks.com. 

Also, the tag you used is an old one, I don’t get notifications for that tag any longer. You’d have better luck with @Sam Pirok 😃 

GTM-P2G8KFN