cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AreoHive’s SR-2124P Device update failed.

AreoHive’s SR-2124P Device update failed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

We have a few AreoHive’s SR-2124P at a customer with the same error Device Update Failed.

Currently we are running 6.5.13.0 and I want to go to the latest version (6.5r14)

But as soon I run the Update for the latest version I get Device update failed.

error message is 

HM Alarms

Could not download

Also tried reboot, but we have same behavior on all the SR-2124P (all on same firmware version 6.5.13.0)

It also complain about 

System

Currently, there is no radsec proxy in this DA domain. (candidate number is 1)

Can we install the IQ Agent on our customers AreoHive SR-2124P and AP230 AP’s?

How can we resolve that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It should be possible since the SR2124P is listed as supported in the release notes of 6.5.14.0. However, I have been able to find a few cases that are having similar issues with this firmware version so I think this is a deeper issue.

Would you be able to open a support case? If you can let me know the case number you are given, I can update the case with what we’ve discussed so far so the engineer helping on your case doesn’t have to start over. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying for me. Just to confirm, are you using an on-premises version of XIQ or a cloud hosted XIQ instance? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I have updated all the AP with the latest firmware no problem there.

Steps I took

1 - I can run Complete Configuration Update on all the switches and they reboot.

2 - But then if I choose Upgrade IQ Engine and Extreme Network Switch Images

• Upgrade to the latest version (6.5r14)

I get the status Device update failed. on all the switches and update status says below.

HM Alarms

Could not download firmware.

SamPirok
Community Manager

You should be able to install 6.5r14 on the SR2124P, but not the AP230, per the release notes for 6.5r14: https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/6.5r14_IQEngine_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Are you having issues pushing configuration updates out to your devices as well? That might indicate a firewall issue blocking the updates. You’ll want to confirm you have all the appropriate ports allowed for your network. You can find a list of all the needed ports for your XIQ instance by going in to your XIQ> Click on the silhouette icon next to your name in the top right corner> About ExtremeCloud IQ> Click on the link next to Firewall Configuration Guide to see the configuration guide specific to your regional data center. 

If all of the firewall ports check out, I’d recommend trying to upgrade the firmware on your switch via a TFTP server. This guide covers how to do that: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056869&q=TFTP%20firmware  Please note that step 4 of that guide requires a support case and a scheduled screen share session with one of our engineers so they can enter the bootloader password in for you. 

As for the alarm about no radsec proxy, once you are able to push a complete configuration out to all of your devices, they will elect a new radsec proxy and that alarm will clear up. 

Hope that helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN