Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Scans and DFS

Background Scans and DFS

JA
New Contributor III
Hi
I was wondering if anyone had heard if there is an ETA on a fix for the issue where background scans aren't performed if the radio is on a DFS channel?
Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

JA
New Contributor III
FYI
In limited testing I have updated an AP130 and 2 AP230s to 10.4r5 on APs that were using DFS channels.
When I ran a sho acsp nei on these APs before the update nothing would show for 5GHz.
After the update the same command shows results on the 5GHz.

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
@w1f1n00b For now it will only be supported on the following ZERO DFS capable APs starting in IQEngine 10.4r5: AP250, AP650/AP510, AP410C's wifi1.​ Other models are still under review. I would recommend following up with your SE or account rep for roadmap questions.

To your earlier question, this is a design change, not correction of an issue.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
@Nick Moore, any word if this functionality will ​​extend to older 2 radio APs once 10.4r5 is available?

JA
New Contributor III
Thanks Nick

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
I've never seen this officially discussed. I did go down the long rabbit trail of trying to figure this out, and was eventually told this was not something to be fixed, but was instead simply how the APs/software were designed.
I was also told this would never be possible for the APs that don't have a 3rd radio.
I'm very curious if the 10.4.5 firmware will bring this functionality to 2 radio aps (ap250,550, etc.)
GTM-P2G8KFN