Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic rate retrys

Basic rate retrys

Jagster
New Contributor

Hi

I have a strange issue that results in massive amounts of TX retries on the lowest basic rate on Both 2.4 and 5Ghz, Is this normal behavior or is there an underlying issue?

What do others see?

If this isn't normal? any suggestions what could be causing it and how could I stop it? 

b7abdf91c8814b30992c656e5da44bd6_b83b177d-0ba8-408a-800a-5065da0b33d4.png

3 REPLIES 3

Jagster
New Contributor

I've since rolled firmware back to 8.2.4 in a test area from the latest 10 Firmware, and the basic rate retry appears to have disappeared.

Following on from your guide Sam. It suggests LLC packets should not exceed 30 per second, but I'm seeing 300,all from other extreme access points.

Is there anything I can do to reduce this or again is this now normal behavior as this article seems to suggest https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000084472

Thanks

Jagster
New Contributor

I see this in areas across the site, Including areas where there are no neighboring APs and it only seems to affect the lowest basic rate, Other speeds show acceptable retry rates.

Summary state of APs are Good on both wifi0 and wifi1, Low CRC rates etc.

Unsure if its actually a problem or chasing an issue that isn't there

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, I wouldn’t call that normal behavior right off, but we could find a cause for it in your environment that might be expected. This guide reviews how to dig deeper in to interference data to find out where it’s coming from and ..., hopefully that can help. 

GTM-P2G8KFN