Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't set up SNMP

can't set up SNMP

friderik
New Contributor

Hi!

I’m having an issue with setting up SNMPv3 on Extremecloud IQ Connect.
What I’ve done so far:

• edited my device template: added an aditional Port type with uplink connectivity and enabled SNMP. I also assigned this port type to the eth0.
  • aditional settings: added Traffic filter with enabled SNMP traffic for the current device template/network policy,
  • added SNMP server IP to device template/network policy with SHA authentication and AES privacy credentials,
  • deployed edited network policy to multiple test APs.

Nothing so far seems to work. Am I maybe missing something in the set up? I tried to find something like user manual for Extremecloud IQ Connect but I can’t find nothing that’d help me instead...

5 REPLIES 5

dennisph
New Contributor III

AES128 should work that is what i use.  did you check the eth0 and make sure it is allowing SNMP that was my problem.  Here is the command line config from one of my access points I find this easier to understand than the GUI  sometimes.

interface eth0 manage snmp
snmp location AllenPark|AllenParkMain
snmp contact Dennis
no snmp reader version any community hivecommunity
snmp reader version v3 admin <username> auth sha password *** encryption aes password ***

friderik
New Contributor

I use AES-128 in CheckMK, because it’s the only available option besides CBC-DES. The thing I don’t know is, if EXT IQ is using AES128 or AES256. As I said, I struggle with finding documentation...

dennisph
New Contributor III

Another important thing is to allow SNMP on eth0 or mgt0 thats the part that got me.  The setting is in the device template under wired interfaces you have to create your own interface profile.

dennisph
New Contributor III

Do you know if your using AES 128 or 256?  I have snmpv3 working on my access points it took a little bit but, its nice once you get it working.

GTM-P2G8KFN