cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring AP250 Eth1 in Bridge Mode with 5port Mini Switch attached to service other devices

Configuring AP250 Eth1 in Bridge Mode with 5port Mini Switch attached to service other devices

sgeen
New Contributor II

Hi,

I’m currently running the latest greatest firmware for the AP250 10.0.10.2 (10.0r10b) and am in the process of migrating over to the Extremecloud IQ from our old Hivemanager and I have noticed the following issue that we didn’t notice in the golden version 8.2.4.0 (8.2r4.207023)

If I use eth1 in bridge mode with one computer it works well.  The computer is able to receive an ip address from data vlan and is able to out no issues whatsoever.  I do however have several locations that have not just one computer but another computer and a printer behind a 5port  mini switch which is not working well.  lost pings intermittent timeouts, can’t ping default gw.  The computers and printer do receive an ip address from data vlan however when pinging a local gateway it works initially then pings are lost.  I have tried multiple things but just can’t seem to get this going.  Do I have to create a special new port type (Based on the bridge-access to allow this) or is there something that would allow this type of configuration to work even though I agree it is not ideal.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

sgeen
New Contributor II

Thanks Sam, 

I will open up a case with GTAC once I get all of the relevant tech data together for each ver.  I will also update this thread in case anyone else runs into this. Thanks for the tech data link.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sgeen, thanks for tagging me here. I don’t think you should need to change anything on your side to have this work with both firmware versions, and I’m not finding any existing bug reports that match what you’re seeing. I’d recommend opening a support case for this, especially since this is holding up your migration. If you could attach a couple tech data files from the same AP, one taken while it’s using 10.0.10.2 and one from when it’s on 8.2.4.0, that will help us compare logs and settings between the working and non-working versions. 

This guide reviews how to get tech data: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081084&q=tech%20data%20HiveOS

sgeen
New Contributor II

Hi,

Just wanted to give a quick update.  I rolled back two of my AP250’s at different sites to the golden version 8.2.4.0 (8.2r4) and everything seems to be working as expected with computers and printers connected behind a 5 port mini switch connected to AP250 eth1 in bridge mode. Very strange.  Perhaps a bug in AP250 10.0.10.2 (10.0r10b) running with the eth1 in bridge-mode or something that needs to be changed in my cfg?  I would really like to solve this and can open up a GTAC but I wanted to bounce this around as perhaps I need to do something else with the cfg on my part.   I have halted migration until I can get this resolved as this is a pain point for my organization. I would really appreciate any advice on this @Sam Pirok 

GTM-P2G8KFN