cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC error rate has been removed. Why?

CRC error rate has been removed. Why?

sfolk
New Contributor III
@Sam Pirok  I SSH'd into one of my AP410C's running Hive OS 10.4r3 to look at the interface summary states for wifi0 and wifi1 and thought I was loosing my mind cause I couldn't find the CRC error rate percentage which I know used to be there. Then I ran across this by accident while looking for something else....​

19071e2cecaf436eaecdeebf6949ed8f.pngcan you explain the reasoning behind this for me?

Thanks​
3 REPLIES 3

JA
New Contributor III
Looks like this has been put back in for 10.4r4
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000103747&q=10%204r4

sfolk
New Contributor III
Hey Sam thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I  realize that the CRC error % is in the "show int wifix" output. This may sound strange but I have often seen the CRC error rate in the "show int wifix" output and the "sho int wifix count" output to be different.

Example "sho int wifix" and I see the "Summary state=High Collision" but the CRC error rate is only 3% but the "sho int wifix count" command shows the CRC error rate at 18% so I have always only trusted the "show int wifix count" command for accurate CRC error rate.

I meant to put in a call with GTAC long ago for this issue but never got around to it.

I guess if this is a permanent design change I'll have to live with it.

I found the mention of removal of the CRC error rate in this article...

How To: Troubleshooting Radio Frequency Interference in ExtremeCloud IQ | Extreme Portal (force.com)

Regards

Steve

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there, that note is a tad misleading, the CRC percentage was removed from the output of "show interface wifix _count". However, the CRC error count is still in that output, and the the CRC percentage can still be found in the output of "show interface wifix". Is that what you were looking for?

Also if you could let me know where you see that note about CRC being removed from 10.4r3, I can see about rephrasing it so it's not as confusing.
GTM-P2G8KFN