cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Blackhole

DNS Blackhole

JonathanW
New Contributor
I am trying to figure out how to block all cellphones from connecting to my network, but allow all laptops.

------------------------------
Cody Warren
------------------------------
3 REPLIES 3

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I dont know if i can help you with that, but maybe point you in a direction that works.

Under Configure >>> Common Objects there is OS Objects.  Inside there are all kinds of OS's including ipod OD, Iphone OS, etc.  Maybe you create that object, and then see how you can apply it to your wifi network policy as a deny?  maybe the firewall portion?

sorry, not more help, but i hope that points you in the right direction.  When you find out, please let us know, it would be appreciated. 

thanks, Jason.

yeah Ive used the OS Objects to block all cellphones, just make a vlan called blocked say 1000  add a user profile  called no access assign it to that vlan and use the OS models to capture phones and they  won't even get an ipaddress. It works 99% of the time for blocking , saw the occasional android linux type connection but rare.  Does throw all your wifi stats out as you have lots of failure connections so you have to ignore the stats, I never had any false blocks either where it disabled any laptops at all in 8 odd years

I guess you could let them connect to a profile and just block that at the firewall level but It made more sense to me to keep the client numbers lower by blocking connections totally, although the stats don't like that on the dashboard

dennisph
New Contributor III

what is the auth method WPA2 psk?  or 802.1x?

GTM-P2G8KFN