Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme IQ - Update "What's New"

Extreme IQ - Update "What's New"

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Just for background, you know when you login to your Extreme IQ interface, and you see the banner that says its been updated, click to see whats new.

Well, I just noticed something.  I was getting at least 4-5 (sometimes more) emails saying that, “Device x Connect State Changed -  the CAPWAP connection was lost” and then what device it was referring to, even though the AP was up and working without issues.  It was explained that sometimes its just doesn't line up and sync, and you get those messages.

No big deal.  Then two updates ago, those somewhat annoying emails stopped… Stopped completely.   It was nice.

Well, earlier this week (maybe earlier, as I only noticed it Monday morning when i got to work after the weekend, and logged into Extreme IQ), i saw the banner at the top of the screen saying its been updated, click to see whats new.  Now im getting those sporadic emails again, saying AP “x” lost its connection, even though the AP is up and working.

I dont need any troubleshooting, as they are probably just missing their window to report back to the cloud and the AP’s are not actually down, I’m more interested to know whether other people have had a similar experience.

To sum it up a little, Id always got those emails, then two updates back, they stopped, and this last update, the emails are back.

have a happy day,

Jason.

5 REPLIES 5

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I’ve been seeing a pretty consistent amount of these email alerts since I enabled them back in December. This is after removing outliers of specific devices causing repeat alarms (usually due to failing hardware).

Obviously this is relative to the number of APs in the org, so as a percent I’m seeing apx 2% of devices give a capwap lost email daily, with 10% on 1/15, and 1/28 where I saw a 5x increase in the amount of alerts.

Not seeing any periods of less alerts.

GTM-P2G8KFN