Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeCloud IQ FAQs

ExtremeCloud IQ FAQs

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Q: Why am I getting the error “A stake record of the device was found in the redirector” and how do I fix it?

A: Device serial numbers can only be added to one device inventory at a time. This error indicates that you are trying to add a serial number that is already registered to a different inventory. To resolve this you can: 

• Contact the previous owner and ask them to remove the device serial number from their inventory
  • Contact the community team for assistance at community@extremenetworks.com
  • Open a support case to request help with transferring the device to your ownership

Q: What do I do about the error “Device Update Failed”?

A: First, confirm the device is using a firmware version equal to or higher than 6.5r3. If the device is using a firmware version lower than 6.5r3, we need to update the firmware to at least 6.5r3 before we can manage the device in ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ).  

If you are unable to find firmware files to update your device, email community@extremenetworks.com for assistance. 

If the firmware is updated, try the steps in this guide: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000069778

Q: Why am I stuck on the Device> Manage page? 

A: If you’re unable to go to another page, you likely need to add a license to your ExtremeCloud IQ instance. You should see a message at the top of the page indicating how many devices are in use currently, how many are licensed, and a link to add a new license to clear things up. You can contact your Sales Engineer to purchase a new license. If you’re unsure who to contact for your Sales Engineer, please email community@extremenetworks.com and we will email that contact information over to you. 

Q: Where are the release notes for the firmware versions (HiveIQ)?

A: You can find all release notes here: https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/learning-whats-new.htm

This page is updated when we release new versions. 

3 REPLIES 3

RobertWilkinson
New Contributor III

Thanks Sam

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RobertWilkinson, this is a perfect place for that question! I believe you would need a license for each switch in the stack, and you’d add each individual serial number in to XIQ to onboard the switches. 

RobertWilkinson
New Contributor III

Maybe not the correct thread, but its an FAQ regarding licensing, if I have an X440-G2 Stack and wish to manage in XIQ, is the stack seen as a single entity so I will only need a single XIQ Pilot license? If that's correct, which device serial number would i add in XIQ to adopt the stack?

GTM-P2G8KFN