cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremecloudiq Update Issue

Extremecloudiq Update Issue

bobby_clowers
New Contributor

Has anyone had any issue with AP’s losing connection to the cloud and it sending emails (if you have that set) saying connection change because it lost the connection?  Since the update this past weekend I have received over 300 emails from various ap’s and when I look it shows them connected.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Shannon_Abby
New Contributor

Could also be a latency issue (can confirm this if you run capwap debugs and then search for “echos” in the buffered log of the tech data, if you see failed echo packets then it’s latency). If the APs don’t respond to XIQ fast enough then it’ll trigger that lost connection email even if the AP starts responding again in a few seconds. We ran in to this a lot, no real connection issues, all APs updated, but a bit of latency and we got flooded with emails.

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee

I would recommend pushing complete configurations to all your devices. You may also want to check the Firewall Configuration guide found by hovering over the admin icon/silhouette in the top right of the Cloud IQ, then click About ExtremeCloud IQ and follow the Firewall Configuration Guide link.

GTM-P2G8KFN