cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request here, or elsewhere?

Feature Request here, or elsewhere?

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Here are some feature ideas; if i need to post elsewhere or contact our rep, please let me know.

On Network Plan 360, being able to set individual heights for access points.

Although if I'm being honest, the individual height part should have been an initial option, and not a feature request.  You may have adjoining rooms, with an AP on the ceiling, and in the other room, it wall mounted and so each ones height would be different.  A global set height isnt helpful when looking at a heat map.

On Network Plan 360, being able to state whether the access point is mounted horizontally or vertically.   We know the RF signal is very different from it being vertical or horizontal:  https://www1.aerohive.com/what-is-the-range-of-wi-fi/ the link may only show horizontally mounted though, but you get the idea.

Thanks,

J.

6 REPLIES 6

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I agree John, that is something I’d like to see as well. Without giving too much away, we are working on some new features and opportunities for/within the community, and feature requests and the ability to vote on them are definitely on that list. 

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I’d love to see a system put in place where feature requests are able to be voted on. I’ve seen a lot of tech companies operate this way, and not only does it allow the best ideas to rise to the top, I also believe it promotes creativity and thinking outside the box by getting to see lots of suggestions, and think about which ones would really improve the product.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

So very true, sad but true.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

I understand you perfectly. Basically I also feel like you.

However, with limited resources you have to consider what to do first and what to do afterwards or not at all.

In a business this means that a decisive factor is the money you can earn more with a feature. I don't like that, but that's the way the world ticks.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN