cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request here, or elsewhere?

Feature Request here, or elsewhere?

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Here are some feature ideas; if i need to post elsewhere or contact our rep, please let me know.

On Network Plan 360, being able to set individual heights for access points.

Although if I'm being honest, the individual height part should have been an initial option, and not a feature request.  You may have adjoining rooms, with an AP on the ceiling, and in the other room, it wall mounted and so each ones height would be different.  A global set height isnt helpful when looking at a heat map.

On Network Plan 360, being able to state whether the access point is mounted horizontally or vertically.   We know the RF signal is very different from it being vertical or horizontal:  https://www1.aerohive.com/what-is-the-range-of-wi-fi/ the link may only show horizontally mounted though, but you get the idea.

Thanks,

J.

6 REPLIES 6

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply, but……

……..“With a business case” This is not about the business need for the feature request, this is about the product, and the flexibility of the product, to deliver accurate and dependable data.  If an AP is mounted one way, the signal will be different than if it was mounted another way, which will affect any data within the insights portion of the interface. The same thing would be true of differing heights between AP’s in different rooms (of the same building). I do not see why a business has to justify its case for a feature request.  I would expect the people behind the product would want it to be the best it could be. 

I apologize if I am coming across as a bit “snarky”, its just I am surprised a business has to make a case for this type of feature.  Again, I would have thought this would be an obvious feature that should have been available at the very start of this product; after all we are talking about the way an AP is mounted, and if you have multiple AP’s in different offices that are mounted at different heights.

Ill pass along my feature requests to our System Engineer.

Thank you,

J.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

the official and most sustainable way to create a Feature Request is through your sales team (ideally with a business case). The System Engineers will support you in this process. Through them you can also check the progress.

In the GTAC user guide you will find the relevant information (https://cloud.kapostcontent.net/pub/c78c8044-2183-4acd-94f3-45e3be2166f4/gtac-user-guide.pdf?kui=jGD...).

There is also the possibility to request new features via a GTAC case. But there is no possibility to prioritise and track them.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN