cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i migrate my former licensed Hivemanager Cloud (now extremecloud IQ pilot) to a connect version?

how can i migrate my former licensed Hivemanager Cloud (now extremecloud IQ pilot) to a connect version?

p_suffritti
New Contributor

Hi all,
I’m in  charge for an ex Hivemanager NG cloud licensed version with 3 AP122 on it. 

At this time it’s become an ExtremeCloud IQ pilot that tells me “

• YOUR TRIAL HAS EXPIRED
  • DEVICES CONSUMING LICENSES / LICENSED DEVICE LIMIT
  • ADD A LICENSE OR UNMANAGE NON-5520 SERIES DEVICES

“

Considering that this is my home network, i’ll prefere to demote my system to the connect free version instead of paying other 3 years for it.
The only documentation that i’ve found, sadly, is about how to upgrade the system, and not to demote it.
Someone can help me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, unfortunately there is no way to downgrade a XIQ Pilot version to a XIQ Connect version. You can change a Connect account in to a Pilot account, but not vise versa. To move to a new Connect instance I would recommend taking the following steps in this order:

1. Register for a new Connect instance, this guide reviews how:https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056841&q
  2. Build the configuration you want to use in Connect
  3. Log back in to your old Pilot version (I will email you a temporary key so you can manage your devices long enough to remove them) and remove the serial numbers of your APs from the device inventory.
    1. Please note this will cause the APs to reboot and drop their current configuration so this does cause a brief network down period.
    2. This guide covers how to add and remove devices in XIQ, use this for step 3 and 4 here: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056853&q
  4. Log in to the Connect instance and add the serial numbers of your devices to your new inventory. Once the APs connect, they should take a complete configuration update from XIQ, reboot, and then your network should be back up and running. 

To create the temporary key for you, I’ll need to know your VIQ name. You can find this by logging in to XIQ> Click on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> VIQ Management> Should be the top line here starting with “VHM-”. If you’d rather send this ID to me directly, please feel free to email me at community@extremenetworks.com. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

p_suffritti
New Contributor

thanks sam pirok, i have’nt seen your answer until today, sorry.

i found the problem quite peculiar, but i don’t fight treadmills, so i take it for the best possible answer, i’m starting planning to remake the full configuration of my home wifi network and ASAP i came to you for the temporary license.

thanks a lot, at least i don’t spent any more time searching for something that is impossible

SamPirok
Community Manager

I ran this past our top XIQ technician and unfortunately I didn’t find out anything new. The way I understand it, there are such drastic differences between what is enabled in Pilot and what is available in Connect, that there isn’t a way to translate network policy settings back in to what Connect can do and still keep everything intact and functional. I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you here but I would be happy to help with the move over anyway I can. 

luka_kosmac
New Contributor

Is this a joke? I can’t believe that Extreme Networks is such bullshit?!?!? Why can’t we easily downgrade the system without losing all configurations? 

63b0c85db67a477cb656b701735ab9d4_2d6832ac-9473-46b5-967d-39b32c41a749.png

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hello, unfortunately there is no way to downgrade a XIQ Pilot version to a XIQ Connect version. You can change a Connect account in to a Pilot account, but not vise versa. To move to a new Connect instance I would recommend taking the following steps in this order:

1. Register for a new Connect instance, this guide reviews how:https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056841&q
  2. Build the configuration you want to use in Connect
  3. Log back in to your old Pilot version (I will email you a temporary key so you can manage your devices long enough to remove them) and remove the serial numbers of your APs from the device inventory.
    1. Please note this will cause the APs to reboot and drop their current configuration so this does cause a brief network down period.
    2. This guide covers how to add and remove devices in XIQ, use this for step 3 and 4 here: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056853&q
  4. Log in to the Connect instance and add the serial numbers of your devices to your new inventory. Once the APs connect, they should take a complete configuration update from XIQ, reboot, and then your network should be back up and running. 

To create the temporary key for you, I’ll need to know your VIQ name. You can find this by logging in to XIQ> Click on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> VIQ Management> Should be the top line here starting with “VHM-”. If you’d rather send this ID to me directly, please feel free to email me at community@extremenetworks.com. 

GTM-P2G8KFN