cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add new licenses to the ExtremeCloud IQ portal ?

How do I add new licenses to the ExtremeCloud IQ portal ?

ZahanR
New Contributor
Hello,

I am new to using the ExtremCloud IQ portal. I ordered 24 devices licenses but I don't know where and how to inject them. Can you help me please ?

I went to the global settings -> Administration -> License Management.

I received a PDF file following orders placed, on which I have the quantity, the serial number, part, product, service part, service description and the start / end date.

I have to use the serial number or what is in Part : XIQ ?

Thank you! Best regards!
Razvan

7 REPLIES 7

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks for clarifying for me, that sounds like your account is already linked to the portal, so your licenses will already be applied. I believe the PRD-XIQ and XIQ-Pxx license would be roughly the same, but that's a better question for your sales team.

ZahanR
New Contributor
Hi Sam, thanks for your reply. No, I don't have a Legacy Entitlement Key.I only have a serial number ( 20 characters long) with a dash every 4 characters including numbers and letters and the Part : XIQ-Pxx-x-x-xxx. And I have a CUID code in the email I received.

In the License Management page i have Unlink from Extreme Portal and a list of several PRD-XIQ-xx-x-x with a devices number that were inserted by someone else.

PRD-XIQ-xx-x-x and XIQ-Pxx-x-x-xxx are the same thing ?

Best regards !

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Razvan, there are two ways to apply your licenses, the older way and the new way. The new way is just linking your XIQ instance with your Portal account, so all license updates are automatically communicated to XIQ for you. To do that you'd want to go back to the License Management page and click the "Link my Extreme Portal Account" button at the top of this page.

If you don't want to do that, or are unable to for whatever reason, we can try the old way of entering each key in manually. The licenses themselves are 30 characters long, including both letters and numbers, with a dash every 5 characters. For example (this is not a real license key)- AB1CD-2EF34G-H5IJ6-78KLM-N9OPQ-R12ST. Once you find your license key, you'll want to go back to the License Management page, scroll down to the Legacy Entitlements section, and click on "Enter it here" next to the text "Do you have a Legacy Entitlement Key?".

Hope that helps!
GTM-P2G8KFN