cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to onboard extreme fabric 5320 & 5520 switches to cloud IQ after manual configuration via cli

How to onboard extreme fabric 5320 & 5520 switches to cloud IQ after manual configuration via cli

Dhiraj
New Contributor

How to onboard extreme fabric 5320 & 5520 switches to cloud IQ after manual configuration via cli. 

I already configured switches and updated to latest firmware via cli but not added to cloud IQ at start.

Now is there any way I can add these devices to cloud but the condition is cloud iq should not push any config changes or firmware updates automatically.

The switches are already in production but still I need to add it to cloud as the licenses are purchased.

Please suggest any option so that I can add them to cloud and manage it manually not automatically.

2 REPLIES 2

James_A
Valued Contributor

The cloud only pushes out some config, and it will detect conflicts, any other config will remain untouched. I have some local config I do since it can't be done in XIQ on our 5420s and it works fine.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, sorry for the delay getting back to you here. As far as I understand XIQ, it'll push a configuration to the device when it connects for the first time. You could copy you manual configuration to a supplemental CLI build that gets pushed out each time the device is updated from XIQ, but as far as I know there is no way to stop XIQ from pushing that update to the device. It has been a few years since I worked XIQ support though, so things may have changed. Hoping someone will chime in here if my info is outdated. 

GTM-P2G8KFN