cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage>Devices>Actions>Revert Device to Template - not working consistently.

Manage>Devices>Actions>Revert Device to Template - not working consistently.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

My understanding of the “revert device to template” option is that it was to be used to wipe out any manual config changes that had been made in the past. However, I have come across multiple APs that this doesn’t work for. Is it possible that this option doesn’t work for devices that were manually edited prior to this feature being released? In this case would I have to delete, and re-onboard in order to restore compliance with the device template?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, we just tested this in our lab and the revert to device template feature worked as expected. However, we don’t have any APs that haven’t been updated since that feature came out, so we aren’t able to fully replicate your issue. I would imagine that a full reset (which you can do by removing and re-adding the device to your inventory, or by resetting the device via the CLI with “reset config”) will clear the issue up for you. If it does not, I’d recommend opening a support case so we can troubleshoot further. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

@john_kern Old topic, but I was told by another engineer that there was a known issue internally in the Amazon cloud hosted XIQ.  Ironically it does not affect on-prem IQVA.  They may have fixed it in the cloud already?  Resetting AP, or re-adding to inventory is not a fix, it is a work-around.  Unsustainable solution at a Enterprise level with 1000’s of APs.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, we just tested this in our lab and the revert to device template feature worked as expected. However, we don’t have any APs that haven’t been updated since that feature came out, so we aren’t able to fully replicate your issue. I would imagine that a full reset (which you can do by removing and re-adding the device to your inventory, or by resetting the device via the CLI with “reset config”) will clear the issue up for you. If it does not, I’d recommend opening a support case so we can troubleshoot further. 

GTM-P2G8KFN