Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually upgrdae firmware for Aerohive AP130

Manually upgrdae firmware for Aerohive AP130

ej
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a AP130 running firmware 6.5.1.0 (6.5r1b). This is very old firmware so I think that is the reason that it is not possible to update in the ExtremeCloud IQ connect. Get the error message: “Device update failed”. Can somebody help me to manually update this accesspoint to the newest firmware? I think I need the firmware files and a guide how to do this.

The accesspoint is stabil reply with ping, but the led turns on and off.

Would appriciate any help for this problem. Thanks. 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware files you’ll need and how to update the AP’s from the version you’re on now.

For the LED, that’s likely the LED power save mode that attempts to prolong your AP’s LED life by keeping the LED off for the most part. The default LED power save mode behavior would be to flash on for 4 seconds every 60 seconds, and otherwise remain off. Does that sound like what you’re seeing? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ej
New Contributor III

OK thank you. It is just that I think it is better with constant light and that this light is just enough to light up the room it belongs if you want must go up during the night etc,, ;-). But it is not a big deal, just find it strange that some avvesspoint do have constant light and other have blinking. There should be a way within the GUI to set these settings... 

SamPirok
Community Manager

I’m not finding a way to do that in the GUI. The closest I can see is adjusting the brightness of the LED in the additional settings of a Network Policy, but I believe that would still have the LED flashing on briefly and then off for a majority of the time. I’d recommend reaching out to your SE with a feature request to see if we can add that in to the GUI. 

That said, the LED blinking behavior is to prolong the life of the LEDs, can I ask why you want to disable that? 

ej
New Contributor III

Hey @Sam Pirok 

Is there a way to turn of the blinking LED to have bright light constantly within the ExtremeCloudIQ portal and not use CLI commands?

SamPirok
Community Manager

Apologies for not getting back to you quickly Erik, I was out of the office yesterday. Glad you were able to find a fix, thanks for letting us know. 

GTM-P2G8KFN