Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGMT and Native VLAN options in Network Policy

MGMT and Native VLAN options in Network Policy

SamA
New Contributor
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the MGMT and Native VLAN settings in the Network Policy.

The trunk VLAN used in my environments are mostly the same but there are a few sites with different mgmt VLANs (20 normal, 320 and 920 at a few other sites). These other sites can't be changed to the normal since they utilize a completely different subnet and are directly attached to a primary site's router.

Would the best thing to do is create a Network Policy for each of the independent sites so that I can utilize the properly defined MGMT and native VLAN? I know I can set it directly on the AP itself but I want to minimize administrative overhead.

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Sam, yes the easiest route here would be creating different Network Policies for the different locations so you can keep the VLANs set to what they need to be for each location and just push out a complete configuration update to any AP on any individual site to apply all the VLAN settings for that location. You can also have one Network Policy with location based rules to assign different VLANs to different APs based on their location, but that method is a good deal more complicated than just having separate network policies for separate locations. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Sam, yes the easiest route here would be creating different Network Policies for the different locations so you can keep the VLANs set to what they need to be for each location and just push out a complete configuration update to any AP on any individual site to apply all the VLAN settings for that location. You can also have one Network Policy with location based rules to assign different VLANs to different APs based on their location, but that method is a good deal more complicated than just having separate network policies for separate locations. Hope this helps!
GTM-P2G8KFN