cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more LED power saving mode for AP130 in ECIQ?

No more LED power saving mode for AP130 in ECIQ?

a_huerzeler
Contributor

Hi guys,

I get customer feedback that if i migrate AP130 access point from classic to the ExtremeCloud IQ that the LED is permanently on compared to before were it was in LED saving mode which would just let the LED light up every 3-5 minutes. I find in the management options a note that only a few APs support dim or light LED mode but it doesnt make sense because in Classic the same AP supported the power saving mode. Is there a CLI command to but the AP back in to LED mode were it lights only up everyonce in awhile? If I use the topology view and set the AP to blinking it will blink fast, not what i am after : ) 

Best,
Andi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry about that, looks like the command has changed a bit. You need to add in how many seconds you want the LED to be on, and how many seconds you want it be off. To get back to the original behavior of having the LED on for 4 seconds, then off for 56 seconds, try this command:

#system LED power-saving-mode on 4 off 56

I’ll flag that guide to get it updated, my apologies for the confusion. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SamPirok
Community Manager

Sorry about that, looks like the command has changed a bit. You need to add in how many seconds you want the LED to be on, and how many seconds you want it be off. To get back to the original behavior of having the LED on for 4 seconds, then off for 56 seconds, try this command:

#system LED power-saving-mode on 4 off 56

I’ll flag that guide to get it updated, my apologies for the confusion. 

dpanev
Contributor

system led brightness off

This would kill the led completely..

a_huerzeler
Contributor

Dear Sam, 

somehow I get an error using the CLI command: 

System LED power-saving-mode on

This should work with Cloud CLI-command as well shouldn’t it? Have you got a chance to test it 

on a AP? I tried on two different ones but the command didnt work. What am I doing wrong 🙂 ?

Cheers

Andi

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Andi, this guide reviews the CLI commands to enable the LED saving mode, are these what you were looking for? https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056739&q=LED%20saving%20mode

You could create a supplemental CLI object to keep these commands active even after a reboot of the device(s). 

GTM-P2G8KFN