cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADIUS Authentication Setup

RADIUS Authentication Setup

jwestbrock
New Contributor

So, I’m trying to set up Radius authentication back to our Active Directory server on-site.

The Radius Test in ExtremeCloudIQ returns the correct attribute and overall looks like it’s behaving correctly (to my eyes anyway).

However, when I attempt to actually log in to the SSID with those same credentials, it does not work.

I don’t believe it’s a Radius Server problem in part because I’ve found multiple sources to verify I’ve done that part right. That leads me to think that the problem lies with the SSID set up in ExtremeCloudIQ, but I can’t pin down what I’m doing wrong.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

jwestbrock
New Contributor

For anyone else who may stumble across this and have some insight, on Event Viewer on the NPS, I’m getting an Error 49. So it seems to be communicating, but it is either communicating the wrong things or it’s expecting the wrong informaiton.

jwestbrock
New Contributor

Email sent to community@...

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, that might mean I’m already added as an external admin. Could you let me know your VIQ name so I can check the list of XIQ instances I’ve been added to for your instance in particular? 

jwestbrock
New Contributor

Hey Sam,

It’s kicking back that it either does not “match an external admin account or may already be granted access.” Thoughts?

GTM-P2G8KFN