cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID for IT access only

SSID for IT access only

rkowals
New Contributor III
My site has primarily an SSID for Staff and Guest.  I created an SSID for IT Staff since we would need access to all the VLAN's.  Our Staff SSID connected to an external radius server, that that only devices in our AD can connect to the Staff SSID.  I created the IT SSID and have to  manually enter the IP addresses and key for the IT SSID, which is not visible in the WIFI Network)  The problem that I have is that if we work from home or have to VPN, we have to removed the Static IP.  Royal Pain, as this was originally a test for us.  Is it possible to create another external radius server/client on a Windows Server box, that currently has an Radius client for Staff.  I'd prefer it it could be associated to the MAC address of the IT devices?
2 REPLIES 2

rkowals
New Contributor III
I have the SSID invisible and the VLAN associated for IT hardware is on a separate subnet and it's a manual/static IP.  I'd prefer to have the IT SSID associated with a DHCP address on the IT VLAN.  Can I add an additional Radius connection on the Policy Server just for IT devices?

Bill_Handler
Contributor II
Does IT always connect to this SSID?  If so, and they are AD users as well, why not just create a new condition for them based on AD attributes within your RADIUS server?  Tie that to a user group (with appropriate permissions/VLAN access) in XIQ, so the get that role when joining the Staff SSID.

Bill
GTM-P2G8KFN