Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange WiFi client connectivity graph @ CloudIQ on prem

strange WiFi client connectivity graph @ CloudIQ on prem

michael_hoffman
New Contributor II
Hello Aerohive Community,

at CloudIQ "Manage/Clients/Client" I can see a WiFi-Client, where sometimes the RSSI and noisefloor is growing equal - please have a look at attachment.
I don't think that the reason is interference, because I can see this kind of behavior at different locations / APs.

Can someone explain this strange issue?

Best regards
Michael
3 REPLIES 3

christopheB
New Contributor III
Hello,
I got same thing, reported from old HiveOS (in our case 6.5 from old AP121).
It is a reporting issue, that Extreme can't solve, AP121 is closed to EOL and 6.5x are too old.

That does not impact the users, just reporting/management issue on XIQ.

Regards,
Chris

michael_hoffman
New Contributor II

Hi Sam,

many thx for your reply – I will send "tech data" of AP when this behavior happens again.

Stay tuned

Michael

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Michael, thanks for the screenshot. To look in to why there are these spikes in the noise floor readings we'd want to take a look at some tech data. This guide reviews how to pull tech data from an IQE AP. For best results and the quickest help, I'd recommend opening a support ticket and attaching your tech data to the case. If you don't want to open a support case at this time, I'd be happy to take a look at the tech data for you to see if I can find anything, so please also feel free to send the tech data to me at community@extremenetworks.com. 

Just a note about the tech data, it would be best if we could pull a new tech data file right after we see a spike in the noise floor. Parts of the tech data file get overwritten with new data after a certain amount of time, typically about every 15 minutes, so to get the best look at what's going on here, we'd want to pull tech data as close to a spike as we can.
GTM-P2G8KFN