Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

dbman73
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have bought 6 used AP230 and I am trying to connect to Extreme IQ Connect software.

During onboarding I have received the note: “The device appears to be in use by another VIQ”.

S/N :

Can anyone help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you again for your patience here, I’m sorry for the long wait. I’ve emailed the original owner and the account team several times, but I have not heard back from either party. At this point, we will want to reach out to your local sales engineer (SE) to see if they can help us get approval for a transfer of ownership for these devices. If you can let me know generally where you are located, I will find a local SE for you to speak to. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

dbman73
New Contributor

Sam,

Did you get a reply from the original owner?  I purchase these access points from eBay.  The seller informed me they got them from another party.

dbman73
New Contributor

I will check with the person I bought these from.  Thanks for checking.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for providing those serial numbers. Unfortunately, we see these devices registered to a different user currently. I will need to hear from the original owner before we can remove the old records for you. I’ve emailed the original owner directly just now, if you are still in contact with them and can encourage them to answer my email, that may help to move things along here. I’ll let you know as soon as I’ve heard from the previous owner and can remove the old records for you. Please let me know if you have any questions in the mean time. 

GTM-P2G8KFN