cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

GregC1
New Contributor
I bought a used AP230 and I am trying to add it to the ExtremeCloud IQ  platform.

During on-boarding I have received the message: “The device appears to be in use by another VIQ”.  The seller is non-responsive and technical support seems to be unwilling to help when I call.

S/N 02301404112054

Can someone un-link this device from the existing VIQ so I may use it?  It would be much appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

GregC1
New Contributor
Thanks so much for the assistance Sam.  Hopefully the previous owner will get back to us soon!

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Greg, thanks for providing that serial number. I see that device still registered to a previous owner, so we will need to get permission to remove the old record for you. I've reached out to the original owner now. If they don't respond, we'll need to reach out to their old account team to see if they can help us instead. If they can't help us, we'll go to your local sales team and start an official transfer of ownership request without the original owner, which I can help you get started as well. This may take some time depending on how responsive all parties are, but we can certainly help you get that device up and running. Please feel free to check in with me here any time for an update.
GTM-P2G8KFN