cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using XIQ templates to add an IP to a VLAN ?

Using XIQ templates to add an IP to a VLAN ?

Jack_Kelly
New Contributor

Title says it all. We’ve recently adopted ExtremeCloud IQ to manage/provision a fleet of EXOS switches with very similar configs. The main difference between each switch is the IP address on the routing VLAN.

My team’s been scouring the XIQ console for hours and we cannot for the life of us figure out where the equivalent of ‘config vlan [name] ipaddress [ip]’ resides in the template config.

Can anyone provide any insight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

I get you. But yes, you can’t configure an IP through template UI. There is no such option available yet.

I suggested supplemental CLI expecting you want to do it via XIQ only and so for that, you need a separate SCLI template for each device with a unique IP address to whatever you want to set.

DILRAJ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Javi_Solis
Extreme Employee

You can now enter a static IP address through device level configuration of an EXOS/Switch Engine switch through ExtremeCloud IQ. Please take a look at the ExtremeCloud IQ Switching Deployment Guide for latest features supported -> https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/xiq/switch_deployment_guide/downloads/extremecloud%20iq_un...

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

I get you. But yes, you can’t configure an IP through template UI. There is no such option available yet.

I suggested supplemental CLI expecting you want to do it via XIQ only and so for that, you need a separate SCLI template for each device with a unique IP address to whatever you want to set.

DILRAJ

dpanev
Contributor

I dont get it...you want to enter the ip in the template but then all Switches with that template will get the same ip. Why would you want to dothat?

Dilraj_Singh_Kh
Extreme Employee

I don’t think it's possible via GUI options yet. As a workaround, you can do this using Supplemental CLI.

DILRAJ

GTM-P2G8KFN