cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why AP305C can't switch operational modes if it's done on the KB article?

Why AP305C can't switch operational modes if it's done on the KB article?

LeoP1
Contributor

Hi guys,

Taking a look at the KB https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000092794, it clearly shows a AP305C with serial 03052008xxxxx (so, by the openbook, an "not-Universal AP", which should be 03052009xxxxxx to work) being converted successfully to WiNG.

But If you try to do it with an AP with the same SN prefix, in my case, 03052008240xxx, it show an error message regarding "Onboarding Failure": "03052008240xxx  The device is not a supported Dual-Boot AP.". And by taking a look at the serials, my AP seems to be "newer" than the AP shown on the KB...

I presume the AP shown on the KB is an "internal" access point from engineering, with some extra features, but it seems that the existing 03052008xxx APs should be capable of switching operating modes, but locked by some software feature (or other unknown policy). Is it right????

Best regards,

-Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Leo,

In the field shown in the picture you can enter any serial number  and I think this is a random number as example.

Do not worry about it trust the green dot ;-).

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Leo,

In the field shown in the picture you can enter any serial number  and I think this is a random number as example.

Do not worry about it trust the green dot ;-).

Regards Stephan

LeoP1
Contributor

Hi Stephan,

I've seen this info on the openbook, but for my surprise, it shows that only aps with serials after 03052009xxx should be capable of dual-boot, and the KB shows an 03052008xxx being switched to WiNG… I was just curious 😃

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Leo,

to check you have an universal HW AP or not, look for a green dot (sticker) an you AP. Usually on or near the type label.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN