cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless throughput

Wireless throughput

mmonty12
New Contributor

I have a few different SSID’s running on eithe 250’s or 410’s WAP.

One ssid has upload and download speeds of 125 mb whils another on the same wap and using the same computer has 20mb up and down.

Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

mmonty12
New Contributor

Tomasz,

I am logged in as a domain admin so no restrictions. I am uainf the same computer and the same speedtest site via a browser. I am on the network hours before any other users and it does not matter where I do the test from the results are the same. I have appox 40 WAP’s. I run the test from different buildings and locations within the building and getting the same results.

It just isn;t making sense to me as to why…..nothing has changed in my environment as I would have had to be the one to change it.

Thank you for your reply

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

What is your testing methodology? Is the computer the only connected device to this or that AP, radio and SSID?

Every device that is talking on the same BSS, and further on the same channel, decreases single station’s achieved throughput (contention, CCI). I think it’s more channel than SSID related so could you please confirm you connect to both SSIDs on the same band? I’d also double check User Profiles if there is any rate limit set.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN