Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ Navigator licensing

XIQ Navigator licensing

Keith9
Contributor III

Hello,

We received a renewal invoice from our partner and on it shows a Qty of 400 for XIQ-NAV-S-C-EW (XIQ Navigator SaaS, EW Saas Support) as well as a Qty of 40 for XIQ-PIL-S-C-EW (XIQ Pilot SaaS, EW SaaS Support).

Needless to say these two line items alone are more than $6000 and if this is for that XiQ cloud, we don’t even use it.  We manage switches with XMC (Netsight) and already pay (theres line items) for that support and its additional device license packs.  I’m going to ask our reseller to omit those two line items for renewal.

Just wondering how that product is licensed and how would they have gotten the quantity's of 40 and 400 when we don’t even have that many EXOS switches?  We just completed our Cisco to Extreme conversion early this year with devices we bought at the end of last year (5520 switches).  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith, I’m sorry to hear about the mix up on your renewal, very glad you noticed the error. Your questions about how XIQ is licensed and why that ended up on your invoice would be better addressed by your sales engineer or partner that created the invoice. Unfortunately, we here on the community wouldn’t have any insight in to that. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Keith9
Contributor III

Yeah we asked him to remove it and he said no problem.

I don’t see it as anything we would need, plus we heavily filter what can talk outbound and without a lot of firewall rules that I’ve already tried, the xiq agents in the 5520 switches still can’t make an outbound connection to the extreme cloud.

I’d rather to continue to manage via ssh sessions and netsight.

Thanks for your input.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith, I’m sorry to hear about the mix up on your renewal, very glad you noticed the error. Your questions about how XIQ is licensed and why that ended up on your invoice would be better addressed by your sales engineer or partner that created the invoice. Unfortunately, we here on the community wouldn’t have any insight in to that. 

GTM-P2G8KFN