Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI banner is shown twice when logging in thru SSH

CLI banner is shown twice when logging in thru SSH

g748437
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am struggling with this simple thing. The CLI banner is showing twice when I log in, I am using tacacs for Authentication but not sure that is what is causing it.

System Description............................. Extreme 220-Series 48GE PoE+, 4 10GbE SFP+ ports, 1 Fixed AC PSU, 1 RPS port, L3 Switching, 1.2.6.9, Linux 3.6.5, U-Boot 2012.10-00003-g56c397c (Mar 28 2017 - 15:11:08)
Machine Type................................... Extreme 220-Series 48GE PoE+, 4 10GbE SFP+ ports, 1 Fixed AC PSU, 1 RPS port, L3 Switching
Machine Model.................................. 220-48p-10GE4
Serial Number.................................. 1919N-43525
Part Number.................................... 800850-00-07
Maintenance Level.............................. 3
Manufacturer................................... 0xbc00
Software Version............................... 1.2.6.9
Operating System............................... Linux 3.6.5

Any hint to solve this?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

g748437
New Contributor

Hello, Thanks for your response. 

1. Verify the configuration of your tacacs server and ensure it is correctly set up. -> The TACACS servers is working fine for other switches (Cisco NX, Catalyst, SGs) only the Extreme ones are displaying banner twice. So i take is not the Server, unless there is an special requirement for Extreme Switches.
  2. Check the login authentication settings on your switch and confirm that tacacs is the primary authentication method.

This is the settings: aaa authentication login "networkList" tacacs local

3. Review the switch's configuration file for any duplicate or misconfigured banner settings.

No duplicate banners. Just one exists

4. Restart the switch or reload the configuration to see if the issue persists. If the problem continues, you may need to reach out to technical support for further assistance. 

Rebooted it an the same happens. It copies the banner after the first time displayed:

WARNING NOTICE
This system is restricted solely to ......Instructions regarding the
protection of information assets.
************************************************************************************************************************************
WARNING NOTICE
This system is restricted solely to ..... Instructions regarding the
protection of information assets.
(CORE-MDF-EX220-AV1) >

GTM-P2G8KFN