cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure QoS on C3 SecureStack to prioritize video/voice traffic.

Configure QoS on C3 SecureStack to prioritize video/voice traffic.

Joshua_Sanders
New Contributor
I have a DR site connected to my corporate office. The DR site is using a older C3G Securestack. The corporate office is using a N7 switch with platinum DFEs.

My question is how do I configure QoS. The config guide and feature guide on the Extreme website might as well be in ancient Babylonian. It doesn't make any sense to me. All I'm trying to do is ensure VoIP traffic and my video conference system gets first priority. If the video conference system is tagging packets as EF, why can't I just create an access-list in the (router) like this and assign it to a vlan interface.

access-list 100 permit ip any any dscp ef assign-queue 5
access-list 100 permit ip any any assign-queue 4

I this should work but I never lose my jitter on the video system and the Enterasys documentation doesn't ever seem to offer this as an example.
21 REPLIES 21

Daniel_Coughlin
Extreme Employee
Joshua I would be looking at the choke points in the path and the Fast Ethernet connection would be my target. Good luck. It looks like you have already received some great advice from the community.

Joshua_Sanders
New Contributor
yup. ran both cost state enable as well as mapped it to the port. Not sure, maybe there is something with the Cisco routers linking the sites.

right, I'm verifying my Cisco config now. It's actually only a megabit of traffic. The Cisco router at one of the sites only has a Fast Ethernet connection.

I can only Monday morning quarterback from here but I would put the C3 at the bottom of the list of possible reasons for jitter. The C3 is a reasonably high-speed CPU, gigabit switch but I bet the cisco routers could not come close to processing a gigabit of IPsec traffic.
GTM-P2G8KFN